DevOps Engineer (m/f/div)
Elinvar enables asset & wealth managers to digitalize their business models by providing the required Platform as a Service. This includes applications for core processes as well as third party connections. Our partners profit from the combination of leading technology and the optimal regulatory setup as we hold all necessary BaFin licenses. With this comprehensive approach, we create the unique opportunity for our partners to go digital in one step and to utilize state of the art analytics to create individualized solutions to the benefit of their clients.
About the technical stack: The platform consists of dozens of microservices which are mainly based on Java 11 (Spring) and Node.js. Backend services communicate through Kafka. The backend communicates with frontend through Rest API. Data is stored in Postgres. Services run in Docker containers on three AWS data centers in high availability mode, managed by Kubernetes. The frontend is based on React. We use GitLab for source control and continuous integration. Our development process is based on Scrum with 2-week sprints.
What will keep you challenged?
- Supporting internal stakeholders as well as external customers with infrastructure requests
- Defining, documenting and updating processes and procedures for ongoing infrastructure improvements
- Collaborating with multiple departments to resolve system, application and customer issues
- Extending our monitoring and alerting with a focus on business processes
- Constantly improving the security of the platform
- Support the working on the Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery process
- Assisting in enhancing our highly accessible platform while using the latest technologies like AWS, Kubernetes, Ansible, Docker, Prometheus and Kafka
What are we looking for?
- University degree or an equivalent education
- First experience with configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- First experience with Linux and scripting languages like BASH, Python
- Experience in Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform and AWS is a plus, but not required
- Fluent in English and ideally German
- You advocate DevOps philosophy and emphasize effective communication and collaboration between engineering, product, and operations
- You never stop learning and are particularly passionate about technology
- Never stop learning and are particularly passionate about technology
- Outstanding, highly motivated and international team who values a positive and open working environment
- Tech-driven and focused on excellence in reshaping the wealth management industry by replacing legacy IT with a modern, sustainable IT platform
- Backed by some of the world’s most recognized investors and benefit from the expertise of a strong leadership team
- Everything you need to excel in your profession – including beverages, (mostly) healthy snacks and barista-style coffee
- Beautiful loft-style office, just a few minutes from Alexanderplatz and surrounded by restaurants, cafés, and bars
- 28 vacation days and flexible working hours with the option to work remotely
Interested? Apply online via our portal to join the Elinvar team. We’re looking forward to being in touch.