Lead Software Engineer / all genders
Would you like to be part of our success? As Lead Software Engineer (all genders) you will be part of our international team. Take responsibility for continually providing value to our customers.
Elinvar enables asset & wealth managers to digitalize their business models by providing the required Platform as a Service. This includes applications for core processes as well as third-party connections. Our partners profit from the combination of leading technology and the optimal regulatory setup as we hold all necessary BaFin licenses. With this comprehensive approach, we create the unique opportunity for our partners to go digital in one step and to utilize state-of-the-art analytics to create individualized solutions to the benefit of their clients.
About the technical stack: The platform consists of 100+ microservices which are mainly based on Java and Spring Boot. Backend services communicate through Kafka. The backend communicates with frontend through Rest API. Data is stored in Postgres. Services run in Docker containers on three AWS data centers in high availability mode, managed by Kubernetes. The frontend is based on React.JS. We use GitLab for source control and continuous integration. In our agile development processes we are following either Scrum or KANBAN methodology.
As Lead Software Engineer (all genders) you will be responsible for one of our squad teams. Together with your team you will be working in a dynamic setting where teamwork is key. Take our products and services to the next level and enable your team members to reach our company goals.
What will keep you challenged
- Lead and grow an interdisciplinary, cross-functional team of 4-8 engineers
- Conduct 1:1s, providing mentorship and feedback of current team members, making sure they have what they need to be successful
- Plan, direct and participate in activities of your engineering squad to meet schedules and standards
- Being hands-on involved in developing processes and staying technologically up do date
- Cultivate and reinforce appropriate team values, norms and behaviors
- Identify and analyze problems, plans, tasks, and solutions
- Provide guidance on team and individual development, performance, and productivity issues
- Plan and prioritize daily tasks of the team, using judgement on a variety of problems requiring deviation from standard practices
What are we looking for
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in technical team leadership
- In-depth, proven software engineering background for several years
- You are highly reliable, structured and analytical with the ability to solve problems in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- A partly hands-on leader: You have a people management mindset, but are also known as someone who can roll up their sleeves to execute
- Acting as a role model and motivating people in a collaborative environment
- Excellent communication skills in English, verbal and written
What will keep you happy
- Open corporate culture without dress code, with free drinks and barista-style coffee approved by our coffee-loving CEO
- Our office language is English and we enjoy working with colleagues from 35+ different countries
- Our hybrid working model offers the best of both worlds: work remotely or in the office
- Gather at least once a month during team week to connect personally
- Situated in Berlin and Magdeburg, you’ll find our modern offices in the city center
- 28 vacation days, flexible working hours, part-time options and family friendly solutions to ensure a healthy work life balance
- Yearly L&D budget to excel your professional skills and free access to our office library to update your knowledge
- Events and activities to get together and share fun with your team or the whole company
- Urban Sports Club subsidy to support your personal fitness
- Relocation support (incl. visa sponsorship) and free German courses to help you settle in
- Your choice of laptop (MacOS or Windows) and additional work equipment
- Discounts for regional or interregional public transport
At Elinvar, we don’t let each other down; we only succeed as a team. You will join an outstanding, highly motivated and international team that values a positive and open working environment – and an employer that welcomes diversity and actively promotes equal opportunities on every level. Simply – a group of people who genuinely appreciate and support each other. Join us now!
Interested? Apply online via our portal to join the Elinvar team. We’re looking forward to being in touch.
More information about our team and your benefits you can find here.