Lead Software Engineer (m/f/div)
Elinvar enables asset & wealth managers to digitalize their business models by providing the required Platform as a Service. This includes applications for core processes as well as third party connections. Our partners profit from the combination of leading technology and the optimal regulatory setup as we hold all necessary BaFin licenses. With this comprehensive approach, we create the unique opportunity for our partners to go digital in one step and to utilize state of the art analytics to create individualized solutions to the benefit of their clients.
Working at Elinvar is like the platform itself: straightforward and focused on excellence. As a B2B2C provider, we work with asset managers who are managing billions of customer assets. Accordingly, the demands they have on us are high, and we expect a lot from ourselves, too. We are a dynamic team of technology and financial experts and we need your talent to seamlessly bring this disruptive product to our users.
About the technical stack: the platform consists of dozens of microservices which are mainly based on Java 11. They communicate through Kafka and a GraphQL. Data is stored in PostgreSQL and Couchbase. The services are running in Docker containers on three AWS data centers in a high availability mode, managed by Kubernetes. The frontend is based on React.js. We are using GitLab for source control and continuous integration. The development process is based on Scrum with 2-week sprints.
Sounds interesting? We’re now looking for a Lead Software Engineer (m/f/div) to join our team at Elinvar.
What will keep you challenged?
- Lead and grow an interdisciplinary team of 4-8 engineers
- Conduct 1:1s, providing mentorship and feedback of current team members, making sure they have what they need to be successful
- Plan and direct and participate in activities of your engineering squad to meet schedules and standards
- Cultivate and reinforce appropriate team values, norms and behaviors
- Identify and analyze problems, plans, tasks, and solutions
- Provide guidance on team and individual development, performance, and productivity issues
- Plan and prioritize daily tasks of the team, using judgement on a variety of problems requiring deviation from standard practices
What are we looking for?
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in team leadership
- In-depth, proven software engineering background for several years
- You are highly reliable, structured and analytical with the ability to solve problems in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- A partly hands-on leader: You have a people management mindset, but are also known as someone who can roll up their sleeves to execute
- Acting as a role model and motivating people in a collaborative environment
- Excellent communication skills in English, verbal and written
- Outstanding, highly motivated and international team who values a positive and open working environment
- Tech-driven and focused on excellence in reshaping the wealth management industry by replacing legacy IT with a modern, sustainable IT platform
- Backed by some of the world’s most recognized investors and benefit from the expertise of a strong leadership team
- Everything you need to excel in your profession – including beverages, (mostly) healthy snacks and barista-style coffee
- Beautiful loft-style office, just a few minutes from Alexanderplatz and surrounded by restaurants, cafés, and bars
- 28 vacation days and flexible working hours with the option to work remotely
Interested? Apply online via our portal to join the Elinvar team. We’re looking forward to being in touch.