Risk and Business Operations Manager (m/f/div)
Elinvar enables asset & wealth managers to digitalize their business models by providing the required Platform as a Service. This includes applications for core processes as well as third party connections. Our partners profit from the combination of leading technology and the optimal regulatory setup as we hold all necessary BaFin licenses. With this comprehensive approach, we create the unique opportunity for our partners to go digital in one step and to utilize state of the art analytics to create individualized solutions to the benefit of their clients.
Working at Elinvar is like the platform itself: straightforward and focused on excellence. As a B2B2C provider, we work with asset managers who are managing billions of customer assets. Accordingly, the demands they have on us are high, and we expect a lot from ourselves, too. We are a dynamic team of technology and financial experts and we need your talent to seamlessly bring this disruptive product to our users.
As Risk and Business Operations Manager (m/f/div) you support on the rollout of the Risk Management framework and scaling Business Operations.
What will keep you challenged?
- Running both the the day to day Risk Management functions at Elinvar, but also building out/scaling the Business Operations functions.
- Proactive, ongoing focus on new risks, and performance improvement across key SLAs during a period of growth.
- Maintaining the risk register and the damage loss database and associated controls with a view to building out risk management analysis metrics / calculations / quantitative inputs into operational risk capital calculations, also as an input into the larger risk management processes (Risk Control Self Assessment, ‘RCSA’)
- Coordinate and align with various stakeholders including product development, development teams and technical operations
- Manage the New Product Process, working closely with Information Security, Compliance and AML colleagues
- From a Business Operations perspective (as part of the overall Target Operating Model), work with all teams to source and collate key performance metrics, track performance (SLAs) and feed into regular Operational/Risk Management reports.
- Devising regular and ad-hoc reporting to all internal teams (including management) whilst to coordinating with other Governance, Risk and Compliance functions, as well as the wider company, in particular the technology teams.
What are we looking for?
- Experience in (non-market) risk management and operational risk and management and/or business operations.
- Experience of managing/running Risk Control Self Assessments (RCSA) process, controls inventory and other key processes
- Experience in financial and regulated industries (e.g. bank, insurance, fintech, regtech, including regulations such as MaRisk)
- Strong analytical skills and high degree of process understanding, particularly performance metrics, SLAs, measuring against key metric goals
- Experience with technology (processes, system flows, data and workflows at a good working level)
- Highly motivated and able to define, implement and optimize complex processes
- Committed ‘self-starter’ who can work independently and own/develop core frameworks collaboratively and with energy / a ‘can do’ attitude
- English speaking, German a plus
- Outstanding, highly motivated and international team who values a positive and open working environment
- Tech-driven and focused on excellence in reshaping the wealth management industry by replacing legacy IT with a modern, sustainable IT platform
- Backed by some of the world’s most recognized investors and benefit from the expertise of a strong leadership team
- Everything you need to excel in your profession – including beverages, (mostly) healthy snacks and barista-style coffee
- Beautiful loft-style office, just a few minutes from Alexanderplatz and surrounded by restaurants, cafés, and bars
- 28 vacation days and flexible working hours with the option to work remotely
Interested? Apply online via our portal to join the Elinvar team. We’re looking forward to being in touch.