Senior Backend Engineer – Order Management/Trade Plant (m/f/div)
Elinvar enables asset & wealth managers to digitalize their business models by providing the required Platform as a Service. This includes applications for core processes as well as third party connections. Our partners profit from the combination of leading technology and the optimal regulatory setup as we hold all necessary BaFin licenses. With this comprehensive approach, we create the unique opportunity for our partners to go digital in one step and to utilize state of the art analytics to create individualized solutions to the benefit of their clients.
Working at Elinvar is like the platform itself: straightforward and focused on excellence. As a B2B2C provider, we work with asset managers who are managing billions of customer assets. Accordingly, the demands they have on us are high, and we expect a lot from ourselves, too. We are a dynamic team of technology and financial experts and we need your talent to seamlessly bring this disruptive product to our users.
About the technical stack: the platform consists of dozens of microservices which are mainly based on Java 8. They communicate through Kafka and a GraphQL. Data is stored in PostgreSQL and Couchbase. The services are running in Docker containers on three AWS data centers in a high availability mode, managed by Kubernetes. The frontend is based on React.js. We are using GitLab for source control and continuous integration. The development process is based on Scrum with 2-week sprints.
As Senior Backend Engineer – Order Management/Trade Plant (m/f/div) you will work as a part of a cross-functional agile team. Your main responsibility will be to continue to build out and maintain the order management/trade plant components of our platform, specifically as we execute with custodian banks. You will work with teams locally and remotely to develop deep expertise in our plant and then enhance the core order management logic to achieve scale with absolute accuracy and control. You will support juniors within or outside your team to improve, through expert advice, design and code review and knowledge sharing. You will be a part of senior engineers who shape the future of the platform through your ideas and suggestions.
What will keep you challenged?
- Designing and implementing a state-of-the-art platform using the latest design concepts and frameworks, specifically to develop order management excellence
- Continuously improving product quality and developer productivity by designing flexible and resilient components, writing easy-to-understand, maintainable and testable code
- Collaborating with a team of product managers, frontend and backend developers, DevOps engineers and executive stakeholders
What do we offer?
- The usual Berlin startup perks – but more and better :)
- Excellent working conditions, tools and environment
- An opportunity to build a visionary platform from the ground up, using latest technologies
- An opportunity to make a real difference as a part of a friendly and diverse team
- An opportunity to learn, grow and develop personally and professionally
- Autonomy and flexibility – dream big and make it happen!
What are we looking for?
- Experience in building and maintaining trade plant/order management technology (gained in an investment bank, hedge fund or any other similar trading firm)
- Solid knowledge of full lifecycle from order generation (via Order Manager) through routing, fix messaging, order fill/drop-copy confirmation and execution status update/database linkage.
- Expert ability in owning and optimizing order management processes and technology to achieve scalable and timeline execution whilst complying with all applicable trading and exchange-mandated protocols.
- Expert knowledge of Java and common open source frameworks, especially Spring
- Experience building API based solutions with REST
- Experience working in a microservice environment
- Experience with streaming architectures, preferably Kafka
- Solid knowledge of relational and document databases
- Solid knowledge of current design practices
- Experience with agile software development and standard tools
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English
- Degree in computer science or related engineering fields
- Knowledge of integration with custodian banks, MTFs, exchanges and other sources of liquidity
- Experience of both equity (single stock, ETF) and fixed income instruments
- Experience of FIX API testing/integration and validation
- Experience with event sourcing
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes or Docker
- Experience with JUnit, Jira, Confluence, JMeter, Glowroot
- Outstanding, highly motivated and international team who values a positive and open working environment
- Tech-driven and focused on excellence in reshaping the wealth management industry by replacing legacy IT with a modern, sustainable IT platform
- Backed by some of the world’s most recognized investors and benefit from the expertise of a strong leadership team
- Everything you need to excel in your profession – including beverages, (mostly) healthy snacks and barista-style coffee
- Beautiful loft-style office, just a few minutes from Alexanderplatz and surrounded by restaurants, cafés, and bars
- 28 vacation days and flexible working hours with the option to work remotely
Interested? Apply online via our portal to join the Elinvar team. We’re looking forward to being in touch.