Senior Backend Engineer (m/f/div)
Elinvar enables asset & wealth managers to digitalize their business models by providing the required Platform as a Service. This includes applications for core processes as well as third party connections. Our partners profit from the combination of leading technology and the optimal regulatory setup as we hold all necessary BaFin licenses. With this comprehensive approach, we create the unique opportunity for our partners to go digital in one step and to utilize state of the art analytics to create individualized solutions to the benefit of their clients.
Working at Elinvar is like the platform itself: straightforward and focused on excellence. As a B2B2C provider, we work with asset managers who are managing billions of customer assets. Accordingly, the demands they have on us are high, and we expect a lot from ourselves, too. We are a dynamic team of technology and financial experts and we need your talent to seamlessly bring this disruptive product to our users.
Our technical stack: the platform consists of dozens of microservices which are mainly based on Java 11. They communicate through Kafka and a GraphQL. Data is stored in PostgreSQL and Couchbase. The services are running in Docker containers on several data centers in a high availability mode, managed by Kubernetes. The frontend is based on React.js. We are using GitLab for source control and continuous integration. The development process is based on Scrum with 2-week sprints.
What will keep you challenged?
- Designing and implementation of our backend services and complex core application
- Working with cutting-edge technologies to build an innovative product from scratch
- Leading by example and evaluating different approaches and methodologies in development
- Continuously improving productivity and sustainability with great coding, QA and release practices
- Collaborating with a team of product managers, data analysts and executive stakeholders to develop a comprehensive understanding of the key drivers and opportunities within the business
- Sharing your knowledge and experience with the team
What are we looking for?
- Java (SE) expert with at least 4 years’ experience in backend development
- University degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field
- Solid knowledge of Object Oriented Design (Functional Programming is a plus)
- Experience with Middleware Architecture or Message Queues (Kafka is a plus)
- Experience in building API based solutions
- Operational knowledge of SQL databases (PostgreSQL is a plus)
- You always stay on top of current tech industry trends
- Prior experience with source control tools – Git, Github, Gitlab
- You love working in agile teams, JIRA and Confluence are no strangers to you
- Good communication skills, high proficiency in English, German language skills are a plus
- Outstanding, highly motivated and international team who values a positive and open working environment
- Tech-driven and focused on excellence in reshaping the wealth management industry by replacing legacy IT with a modern, sustainable IT platform
- Backed by some of the world’s most recognized investors and benefit from the expertise of a strong leadership team
- Everything you need to excel in your profession – including beverages, (mostly) healthy snacks and barista-style coffee
- Beautiful loft-style office, just a few minutes from Alexanderplatz and surrounded by restaurants, cafés, and bars
- 28 vacation days and flexible working hours with the option to work remotely
Interested? Apply online via our portal to join the Elinvar Team. We’re looking forward to being in touch!
Find our Magdeburg office here: Elinvar GmbH, Liebigstr. 8, 39104 Magdeburg