(Senior) Data Engineer (m/f/div)
Elinvar enables asset & wealth managers to digitalize their business models by providing the required Platform as a Service. This includes applications for core processes as well as third party connections. Our partners profit from the combination of leading technology and the optimal regulatory setup as we hold all necessary BaFin licenses. With this comprehensive approach, we create the unique opportunity for our partners to go digital in one step and to utilize state of the art analytics to create individualized solutions to the benefit of their clients.
As (Senior) Data Engineer (m/f/div) at Elinvar, you will be collaborating to build a highly performant and scalable data platform using best of class technology as well as contribute to setting up secure and efficient processes for migrating partner data and incorporating third-party data sets. As part of the Data & Analytics team, you will contribute to design, deliver and maintain the enterprise data solution, working closely with engineers and data scientists to generate interesting insights and cutting-edge analysis from our data set. You will have the opportunity to contribute to defining the technological stack that will provide the required capabilities of our data ecosystem. In addition, you will contribute to building the pipelines to provision our enterprise data lake and all the infrastructure components of the data ecosystem.
What will keep you challenged?
- You will provide support in the design and build of the enterprise data lake provisioning pipelines which support both internal and external use cases
- Providing support in the design, deploy and maintenance of infrastructure components of the data ecosystem
- Evaluating different approaches and technologies to match the evolving needs of the business
- Analysis and debug of complex data elements to proactively improve our data ecosystem
- Collaborating with engineers, data scientists, and other key stakeholders to develop solutions that address key business requirements
- Keeping up with industry trends and best practices and continually improving how we approach our data challenges
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or similar
- At least 2 years’ experience as data engineer building data pipelines for productive environments
- Coding skills in Scala and scripting in Bash (understanding in Java and Python is a plus)
- Knowledge on dependency management tools such as Sbt
- Experience working with Spark and Kafka
- Experience working with Postgres and distributed databases
- Knowledge on data modelling, normalisation, manipulation and optimisation using SQL
- Experience on ETL processes
- Knowledge on CI/CD tools and such as GitLab and Jenkins
- Knowledge on Docker (Kubernetes and AWS are a plus)
- Effective communicator with different stakeholders including software engineers, data scientists, product managers, etc
- Analytical and pragmatic approach to solving both business and technical problems
- Proficient English is required; German is a Plus
- Outstanding, highly motivated and international team who values a positive and open working environment
- Tech-driven and focused on excellence in reshaping the wealth management industry by replacing legacy IT with a modern, sustainable IT platform
- Backed by some of the world’s most recognized investors and benefit from the expertise of a strong leadership team
- Everything you need to excel in your profession – including beverages, (mostly) healthy snacks and barista-style coffee
- Beautiful loft-style office, just a few minutes from Alexanderplatz and surrounded by restaurants, cafés, and bars
- 28 vacation days and flexible working hours with the option to work remotely
Interested? Apply online via our portal to join the Elinvar team. We’re looking forward to being in touch.