Senior Backend Engineer (m/f/div)
Elinvar enables asset & wealth managers to digitalize their business models by providing the required Platform as a Service. This includes applications for core processes as well as third party connections. Our partners and customers like the Fondsdepotbank, Donner & Reuschel AG, and M.M. Warburg & Co. profit from the combination of leading technology and the optimal regulatory setup as we hold all necessary BaFin licenses. With this comprehensive approach, we create the unique opportunity for our partners to go digital in one step and to utilize state-of-the-art analytics to create individualized solutions to the benefit of their clients.
Working at Elinvar is like our platform: straightforward and focused on excellence. As a B2B2C provider, we work with portfolio managers who manage billions of Euros in assets under management and have accordingly high expectations of us. Our team of dedicated technology and financial experts work hard to jointly meet and exceed those expectations.
About the technical stack: the platform consists of dozens of microservices which are mainly based on Java 11. They communicate through Kafka and a GraphQL. Data is stored in PostgreSQL and Couchbase. The services are running in Docker containers on three AWS data centers in a high availability mode, managed by Kubernetes. The frontend is based on React.js. We are using GitLab for source control and continuous integration. The development process is based on Scrum with 2-week sprints.
Sounds interesting? We’re now looking for a Senior Java Engineer (m/f/div) to join our team at Elinvar.
What will keep you challenged?
- Designing and implementing a state-of-the-art platform using latest design concepts and frameworks
- Continuously improving product quality and developer productivity by designing flexible and resilient components, writing easy-to-understand, maintainable and testable code
- Collaborating with a team of product managers, frontend and backend developers, DevOps engineers and executive stakeholders
What are we looking for?
- Expert knowledge of Java and common open source frameworks, especially Spring
- Experience building API based solutions with REST
- Experience working in a microservice environment
- Experience with streaming architectures, preferably Kafka
- Solid knowledge of relational and document databases
- Solid knowledge of current design practices
- Experience with agile software development and standard tools
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English
- Degree in computer science or related engineering fields
- Experience with event sourcing
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes or Docker
- Experience with JUnit, Jira, Confluence, JMeter, Glowroot
What will keep you happy?
- An outstanding, highly motivated and international team that values a positive and open working environment - and a group of people who genuinely appreciate and support each other
- An inspiring momentum to reshape the wealth management industry by replacing legacy IT with a modern, sustainable IT platform
- Everything you need to excel in your profession, backed by some of the world’s most recognized investors
- Enjoy an open corporate culture without dress code, with flexible working hours and remote office options
- Beautiful loft-style office, situated in bustling Prenzlberg just a few minutes from Alexanderplatz - a lunch and afterwork Dorado at your doorsteps
- An employer that welcomes diversity and actively promotes equal opportunities on every level
Interested? Apply online via our portal to join the Elinvar Team. We’re looking forward to being in touch!